- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Gnarly Crash At Grand Prix Of Houston Injures Dario Franchitti, As Many As 13 Fans
The latest report is that no one appears to be seriously injured after a rather spectacular crash at the Grand Prix of Houston today, with Dario Franchitti’s car going airborne and pretty much disintegrating against the fence. Franchitti was taken to a local hospital, and as many as 13 fans were treated for minor injuries, among them a race official.
Will Power won the event, and is in first place in the IndyCar series championship.
Takuma Sato seems to have lost control, with Franchitti hitting him in the rear tire, which sent his car airborne.
An IndyCar spokesperson said Franchitti was transported via ambulance awake and alert to an area hospital, and team owner Chip Ganassi said the three-time Indianapolis 500 winner did not appear to be seriously injured. Two fans have been transported to the hospital.
— Tony J. (@TonyJWriter) October 6, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Dario Franchitti
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Caroline Wozniacki Thought Rory McIlroy Breakup Call Was Joke
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion