- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Gnarly Crash At Grand Prix Of Houston Injures Dario Franchitti, As Many As 13 Fans
The latest report is that no one appears to be seriously injured after a rather spectacular crash at the Grand Prix of Houston today, with Dario Franchitti’s car going airborne and pretty much disintegrating against the fence. Franchitti was taken to a local hospital, and as many as 13 fans were treated for minor injuries, among them a race official.
Will Power won the event, and is in first place in the IndyCar series championship.
Takuma Sato seems to have lost control, with Franchitti hitting him in the rear tire, which sent his car airborne.
An IndyCar spokesperson said Franchitti was transported via ambulance awake and alert to an area hospital, and team owner Chip Ganassi said the three-time Indianapolis 500 winner did not appear to be seriously injured. Two fans have been transported to the hospital.
— Tony J. (@TonyJWriter) October 6, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Dario Franchitti
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce