- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Gnarly Crash At Grand Prix Of Houston Injures Dario Franchitti, As Many As 13 Fans
The latest report is that no one appears to be seriously injured after a rather spectacular crash at the Grand Prix of Houston today, with Dario Franchitti’s car going airborne and pretty much disintegrating against the fence. Franchitti was taken to a local hospital, and as many as 13 fans were treated for minor injuries, among them a race official.
Will Power won the event, and is in first place in the IndyCar series championship.
Takuma Sato seems to have lost control, with Franchitti hitting him in the rear tire, which sent his car airborne.
An IndyCar spokesperson said Franchitti was transported via ambulance awake and alert to an area hospital, and team owner Chip Ganassi said the three-time Indianapolis 500 winner did not appear to be seriously injured. Two fans have been transported to the hospital.
— Tony J. (@TonyJWriter) October 6, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Dario Franchitti
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today