- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Headline Of The Day So Far: ‘No Changes Planned For Cracker Day After Bull Attacks Woman’
We take you now to the 64th Annual Cracker Day Rodeo in DeLand, FL, where one unfortunate woman learned the hard way that livestock do not like to be chased, grabbed at and otherwise annoyed for the amusement of humans.
Desiree Cicero was among a crowd participating in a “money grab” event at the rodeo, in which a bull is released and people try and grab a ribbon from its horn to win $100. I see no way this could turn out badly. Except it did.
Cicero was pummeled not once, but twice by the bull — first she got gored in the arm, then as a man was trying to help her, the bull came back for a second helping and trampled her.
Cicero said the video is hard to watch.
“All I remember is the impact — and my kid screaming,” said Cicero. “He hit me in my back, on my side, where I have my broken rib. I knew it was coming. I mean it felt like being hit by a bull. There is no other way to describe it.”
She suffered a dislocated shoulder, broken rib, punctured arm and various scratches. As you can see in the video, she was helped by 19-year-old John Weideman-Beal, a Marine who tried to shield her as the bull came by for the second time.
“He got me right in the head, I mean, I think that should have killed me and it’s an act of God that it didn’t,” said Weideman-Beal.
I’m no theologian, but my guess is that if God were present, he would have prevented you from getting into a corral with a bull in the first place.
Eventually mankind will evolve to the point where we don’t annoy livestock for fun. But we’re not there yet.
More video, and a crackerjack headline, right here.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce