- Here Are The Sports-Themed 'Simpsons' Episodes That Belong In The Hall Of Fame
- When Should An NBA Team Stop Rebuilding And Start Competing?
- Jim Harbaugh Is Trying To Find That Picture Of The Time He Peed His Pants
- Stephen A. Smith Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
How To Become The Coolest Kid In Your School: Do This
Welcome to the latest in SportsGrid’s not-especially-long-running intermittent series, “How To Become The Coolest Kid In Your School.” Our latest coolest kid: Derrick Swift, of Lake County High School in Tennessee. Lake County was on the ropes in a recent state playoff game, down by three with only seconds to spare. All they could do was take a last-second desperation shot to tie… from the other end of the court. The ball was in Swift’s hands. Luckily for Lake County, he knew what to do with it:
And yes, Lake County did go on to win in overtime, so Swift saved and helped prolong their season. And his teammates were very, very grateful. As were the cheerleaders, who joined in the joyous mob themselves. The announcer was right that Swift took his shot with a bit of time on the clock – thereby meaning he didn’t have to take it from quite that distance – but if it feels right, it feels right. Enjoy it, Derrick: you are definitely the coolest kid at Lake County right now.
[h/t Clay Travis]
- Filed Under:
- High School Basketball
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'