- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Friday Night Lights: UFO Spotted At High School Football Game
One of the weirdest stories of the early football season was the purported UFO sighting at Notre Dame Stadium during a rain delay. And we have to admit – once we heard that story, we figured we were probably done with “UFO sightings at football games” stories for the year. We were wrong. Last Friday in Scottsdale, Ariz., Notre Dame Prep beat Horizon High School 31-28…but at one point during the game, fans’ cameras focused not on the field, but something happening thousands of feet – or MILLIONS OF LIGHT YEARS – above it:
This is creepier than the Notre Dame “UFO sighting” for a few reasons. One, this one was at night. Two, the objects this time around appear more substantial (i.e. they’re not “a camera glitch,” as one person suspected of the Notre Dame version), bright, and they look too big to be very far from the ground. And three, as MaxPreps’ Stephen Spiewak notes, Scottsdale is a mere 425-or-so miles away from Roswell, New Mexico. Coincidence? You decide.
OK, fine, yes, this probably doesn’t represent a watershed moment in spotting nonhuman intelligent life, either. A few Youtube commenters posited that the light was due to skydivers with flares. BOOOOOOOOO-RING! If every UFO sighting were actually an alien spacecraft, it would be the most incredible bad (or good, depending on how benevolent they are) luck of all time for not a single one of them to ever actually interact with humans. So, sadly, this probably just another goofy story. If it turns out this truly was a top-secret Roswell experiment gone awry, however, then this immediately becomes the most important story we’ve ever written about. Sadly, we’re not counting on it.
[h/t Bryan Fischer]
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters