- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
HS Center Fielder Who Already Had Three Errors Makes Astounding Catch To Save Game
Center fielder Tony Hernandez was not having the best of days — he had three errors for Diboll High School in their Region III (Texas) playoff game with Caldwell, and his team went into the seventh (and final) inning holding a rickety one-run lead. So there’s two outs, two runners on, and the Caldwell batter is down to his last strike. It’s the third game of a best-of-3 series, with the winner going on to the Region III quarterfinals. BrazosSports.com:
Caldwell put the potential tying and winning runs on base after two outs with a strikeout on a wild pitch and a nine-pitch walk by No. 9 batter Tyler Sandner.
Suehs drove a 2-0 pitch into the breeze, sending the ball farther than any batter on either team all day. Hernandez, who committed three errors in the game, made a sensational catch and was mobbed by his teammates in deep center.
“I was nervous,” Hernandez said. “I thought it was going to burn me, but I guess I got there in time. I turned around at the last minute and it fell in my glove. I was lucky.
“I think that is the best play I’ve ever made, especially at the right time. We needed it.”
Lumberjacks win! He’s a Lumberjack and he’s OK.
- Filed Under:
- High School Baseball
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- The Now Pussified NFL Hits New Low
- The 10 Best Active Head Coaches In The NFL
- Athletes Who Have Allegedly Murdered