- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
HS Center Fielder Who Already Had Three Errors Makes Astounding Catch To Save Game
Center fielder Tony Hernandez was not having the best of days — he had three errors for Diboll High School in their Region III (Texas) playoff game with Caldwell, and his team went into the seventh (and final) inning holding a rickety one-run lead. So there’s two outs, two runners on, and the Caldwell batter is down to his last strike. It’s the third game of a best-of-3 series, with the winner going on to the Region III quarterfinals. BrazosSports.com:
Caldwell put the potential tying and winning runs on base after two outs with a strikeout on a wild pitch and a nine-pitch walk by No. 9 batter Tyler Sandner.
Suehs drove a 2-0 pitch into the breeze, sending the ball farther than any batter on either team all day. Hernandez, who committed three errors in the game, made a sensational catch and was mobbed by his teammates in deep center.
“I was nervous,” Hernandez said. “I thought it was going to burn me, but I guess I got there in time. I turned around at the last minute and it fell in my glove. I was lucky.
“I think that is the best play I’ve ever made, especially at the right time. We needed it.”
Lumberjacks win! He’s a Lumberjack and he’s OK.
- Filed Under:
- High School Baseball
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs