- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
HS Center Fielder Who Already Had Three Errors Makes Astounding Catch To Save Game
Center fielder Tony Hernandez was not having the best of days — he had three errors for Diboll High School in their Region III (Texas) playoff game with Caldwell, and his team went into the seventh (and final) inning holding a rickety one-run lead. So there’s two outs, two runners on, and the Caldwell batter is down to his last strike. It’s the third game of a best-of-3 series, with the winner going on to the Region III quarterfinals. BrazosSports.com:
Caldwell put the potential tying and winning runs on base after two outs with a strikeout on a wild pitch and a nine-pitch walk by No. 9 batter Tyler Sandner.
Suehs drove a 2-0 pitch into the breeze, sending the ball farther than any batter on either team all day. Hernandez, who committed three errors in the game, made a sensational catch and was mobbed by his teammates in deep center.
“I was nervous,” Hernandez said. “I thought it was going to burn me, but I guess I got there in time. I turned around at the last minute and it fell in my glove. I was lucky.
“I think that is the best play I’ve ever made, especially at the right time. We needed it.”
Lumberjacks win! He’s a Lumberjack and he’s OK.
- Filed Under:
- High School Baseball
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!