- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
This Video Of An Indy Wrestler Attempting A Backflip And Landing On His Head Is Terrifying
The the worst-case scenario any time a pro wrestler ventures to the top rope for a double-rotation moonsault: he mistimes or miscalculates his jump, with disastrous results. During a recent independent show, that worst-case scenario befell an Atlanta-based wrestler named Charade.
The video comes via Bob’s Blitz, and it’s not for the faint of heart. You know, because a guy lands on his head and momentarily convulses. Miraculously (and stupidly) the match kept going, and Charade was able to kick out of a pin attempt (what?!). Even more miraculously, he didn’t break his neck: he’d later be diagnosed with a fractured skull, and will be sidelined for the next 2-4 months.
He looks to be in high spirits. On the left is a photo he took after being released from the hospital, because he’s a young and crazy kid.
Because Charade is an indy wrestler and doesn’t have insurance, his hospital bills are ridiculously high. But fear not! Beyond Wrestling, the promotion Charade works for, is holding a charity chowdown to help cover his bills. Tickets are $30, so if you’re a fan of wrestling, live in Massachusetts, and would like some homemade grub, you should attend.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead