- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Insane Person Breaks World Record For Surfing The World’s Tallest Wave
If you want to break the world record for biggest wave surfed, there’s only one place to go, and it’s in Portugal. Praia do Norte, Nazaré, to be exact. It also helps to go during a violent storm that has already killed 11 people. And almost killed Brazillian surfer Maya Gabeira, who tried to do what fellow countryman Carlos Burle amazingly pulled off. Here’ what he had to say about it.
“It was luck. We never know when we will be catching the wave. I still hadn’t surfed any wave and everyone had already had their rides. Maya almost died. For me, it was a big adrenaline moment to get back there after what happened.”
Both Gabeira and Burle’s rides were part of the Billabong XXL Classic Big Wave Awards. Here’s the wave that almost drowned Gabeira…
Carlos Burle’s wave, although not officially the biggest wave every successfully ridden, is estimated to be near 100ft, which is around the size of current record holder, Garrett McNamarra, who towed-in to a 78ft monster also at Praia do Norte. After this video surfaced of a girl casually paddling out to some waves among Great White Sharks surfaced last week, we can definitively say SportsGrid will not be a threat to Burle’s new record anytime soon.
Here’s video of the previous record.
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- The Year Of Serena Williams
- All About Michael Jordan's Future Baby Mama
- Head to Head: Pacquiao vs. Rios