- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Insane Russian Youth Hockey Fight Is Four Different Kinds Of Chaos
If I know my Russian youth hockey fights, and I think I do, this one from a tournament in Novokuznetsk is the best of all time. And by best I mean worst. And by worst I mean most amazing.
It starts with one player pushing another with his stick, and then before you know it several separate skirmishes break out across the ice. The refs try to restore order, but just as they put out one fire, two more break out. Then it becomes the final fight scene in Gangs of New York.
There’s probably all kinds of stuff going on here I haven’t yet seen — and I’ve watched the video twice all the way through. Don’t miss the part at about the :50 mark when a red jersey player is punching a blue jersey player, and a blue jersey teammate comes flying in to help, sailing over red jersey, landing on his back and sliding to a stop several feet away.
And these kids look to be, what? Nine? Ten years old?
This is why we should never go to war with Russia. Our kids — experts on all the Harry Potter books. Russian kids — missing teeth, each with one eye swollen shut.
Too bad we can’t see the penalty box following this one. That’s a lot of young miscreants in hockey jail.
- Filed Under:
- JR Smith's Slick Trick
- Does Richard Sherman Deserve Another Punch in the Face
- Michelle Obama Photobombs Miami Heat
- Why Do Roy Hibbert & Stone Cold Steve Austin Have Twitter Beef?