- STAYING, GOING, OR GONE: The Biggest Moves So Far In NFL Free Agency Action
- LeBron Miraculously Gets Info Back After His Galaxy Note 3 Erases Everything
- The 49ers Will Pay Blaine Gabbert Twice As Much As Colin Kaepernick This Year
- Do We Need To Call Bullshit On Patrick Beverley?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
It Was Kind Of An Obvious Hoax, But Fresno Grizzlies Confirm: Woman Who Threw Drink At Guy On Kiss Cam Works For The Team
The Fresno Grizzlies have pranked us before — remember the Amazing Ball Girl catch, that turned out to be a stealth YouTube ad for Gatorade? They were at it again last week with a video that also went viral, but unlike the ball girl ploy was pretty obviously a setup.
For those who somehow missed it: guy and girl appear on Kiss Cam. Guy is on cell phone, too busy to kiss girl. Girl retaliates by dumping drink on guy, then leaves with mascot. Video below.
Most of you called shenanigans immediately, but what was not known is just how blatant a setup it was. The girl in the video actually works for the Grizzlies: her name is Kellie Henderson, a supervisor in the promotions department.
CBS47, Fresno, via Los Angeles Times:
“We decided, you know, there’s going to be a pretty big crowd,” she explains. “We should do what we can and try and get the people to laugh. That’s our job here at the Grizzlies, to make sure they have a good time.”
This isn’t the first time this hoax has been pulled, either.
- Filed Under:
- Kiss Cam
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success