- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
It’s Way Past Time To Check In On Knox City Football Superfan Chad McGhee
It’s never officially the start of football season until we see an unhinged video rant from Knox City Greyhounds superfan Chad McGhee. Here’s McGhee’s annual start-of-the-season message, a masterpiece of spittle and inspiration that is just the thing to get you in the mood for some Texas high school six-man football.
He is not what one would call a conventional public speaker: among other things, that undershirt looks like it was retrieved from a shallow grave. But Chad McGhee cares not about the finer points of fashion — only about “Knox! City! Football!”
The 38-year-old, who began producing his inspirational YouTube videos in 2011, has become a local legend in this small Texas community north of Abilene. He’s even begun farming out his services — people can contact him on his Twitter page, and for a small fee McGhee will perform an inspirational video rant to announce their wedding, community event or whatever.
Despite his efforts, the Texas Division 8, Class A team finished a disappointing 4-6 last season. But the Greyhounds are off to a blistering 2-0 start this year, having just throttled Rotan High 63-40 last week.
This year’s video is of course an instant classic, but I don’t believe he’ll ever top last year’s, when McGhee actually put on pads and a loose-fitting helmet.
- Filed Under:
- high school football
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy