- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Jamaican Bobsled Team Qualifies For Winter Olympics, Still Needs Your Help To Fund Their Trip
Winston Watts and Marvin Dixon should be thrilled right now, seeing as they’ve had their ticket punched to the 2014 Sochi games for the two man bobsled event. Instead, it’s the sad reality that flying to Russia is expensive as shit.
— Team Jamaica (@JamaicaOlympics) January 18, 2014
For the last three Winter Olympics in which the Jamaican bobsledders have qualified, the funding came primarily from Watts, who clearly isn’t in the mood to splurge again (seeing as he’s recently lost his job and has a new baby).
[Telegraph] In truth, we still don’t really know at the moment if we’d even have enough funds or sponsorship to fly to Sochi itself for the Games itself. It all depends. Our families need to be taken care of first. If there’s no funding, who knows?
Sucks. Where’s Disney in all this? Didn’t they make over $140 million off a $17 million movie based on this very thing? Doesn’t Stephen Colbert help out struggling Winter Olympians? Is there a God? C’mon, this is silly. Someone cough up $20,000 for crying out loud.
- Have You Seen Colin Kaepernick's New Tattoo?
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Warren Sapp Admits to Stiffing Waitress at Bar
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams