- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Jamaican Bobsled Team Qualifies For Winter Olympics, Still Needs Your Help To Fund Their Trip
Winston Watts and Marvin Dixon should be thrilled right now, seeing as they’ve had their ticket punched to the 2014 Sochi games for the two man bobsled event. Instead, it’s the sad reality that flying to Russia is expensive as shit.
— Team Jamaica (@JamaicaOlympics) January 18, 2014
For the last three Winter Olympics in which the Jamaican bobsledders have qualified, the funding came primarily from Watts, who clearly isn’t in the mood to splurge again (seeing as he’s recently lost his job and has a new baby).
[Telegraph] In truth, we still don’t really know at the moment if we’d even have enough funds or sponsorship to fly to Sochi itself for the Games itself. It all depends. Our families need to be taken care of first. If there’s no funding, who knows?
Sucks. Where’s Disney in all this? Didn’t they make over $140 million off a $17 million movie based on this very thing? Doesn’t Stephen Colbert help out struggling Winter Olympians? Is there a God? C’mon, this is silly. Someone cough up $20,000 for crying out loud.
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends