- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jamaican Bobsled Team Qualifies For Winter Olympics, Still Needs Your Help To Fund Their Trip
Winston Watts and Marvin Dixon should be thrilled right now, seeing as they’ve had their ticket punched to the 2014 Sochi games for the two man bobsled event. Instead, it’s the sad reality that flying to Russia is expensive as shit.
— Team Jamaica (@JamaicaOlympics) January 18, 2014
For the last three Winter Olympics in which the Jamaican bobsledders have qualified, the funding came primarily from Watts, who clearly isn’t in the mood to splurge again (seeing as he’s recently lost his job and has a new baby).
[Telegraph] In truth, we still don’t really know at the moment if we’d even have enough funds or sponsorship to fly to Sochi itself for the Games itself. It all depends. Our families need to be taken care of first. If there’s no funding, who knows?
Sucks. Where’s Disney in all this? Didn’t they make over $140 million off a $17 million movie based on this very thing? Doesn’t Stephen Colbert help out struggling Winter Olympians? Is there a God? C’mon, this is silly. Someone cough up $20,000 for crying out loud.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?