- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Jamaican Bobsled Team Qualifies For Winter Olympics, Still Needs Your Help To Fund Their Trip
Winston Watts and Marvin Dixon should be thrilled right now, seeing as they’ve had their ticket punched to the 2014 Sochi games for the two man bobsled event. Instead, it’s the sad reality that flying to Russia is expensive as shit.
— Team Jamaica (@JamaicaOlympics) January 18, 2014
For the last three Winter Olympics in which the Jamaican bobsledders have qualified, the funding came primarily from Watts, who clearly isn’t in the mood to splurge again (seeing as he’s recently lost his job and has a new baby).
[Telegraph] In truth, we still don’t really know at the moment if we’d even have enough funds or sponsorship to fly to Sochi itself for the Games itself. It all depends. Our families need to be taken care of first. If there’s no funding, who knows?
Sucks. Where’s Disney in all this? Didn’t they make over $140 million off a $17 million movie based on this very thing? Doesn’t Stephen Colbert help out struggling Winter Olympians? Is there a God? C’mon, this is silly. Someone cough up $20,000 for crying out loud.
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce