- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Jonathan Papelbon Made A Curious Comment About “Obama Taking Away Our Guns” When Asked About The Boston Marathon
Okay folks, let’s try an experiment here. Can we have a rational discussion about this story without it devolving into partisan bickering, personal attacks, conspiracy theories and other interwebz nonsense? Probably not, but oh well.
Here is an interview Jonathan Papelbon, current Phillies closer, did with the media yesterday about the Boston Marathon. Papelbon’s opinion is of note because he used to play for the Red Sox and used to live near the site of the bombings. He was asked if, as a major league baseball player in this day and age, he feels comfortable playing in front of large crowds. Here was his response (via 700Level.com):
It’s a shame, because he went on to say some nice things about Boston and reflection on his time there.
Now, here’s where the experiment comes in:
Can we all agree, regardless of your view on gun control, that “Obama taking our guns” (which… okay, right, sorry, I won’t get into it) was completely unrelated to the topic at hand? That the availability (or lack thereof) of firearms had nothing to do with the bombings taking place? And that, finally, the comment was a needless political dig?
Should “Obama taking our guns” be equated with the “crazy” things going on in the world? What do you think?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts