- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Colin Cowherd Calls Out ESPN Producers For Pushing Baseball On Us
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Is Selling His Miami Oceanfront Condo For $2.6 Million
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Kevin Ware And Victor Cruz Attend Hilarious White House Correspondents’ Dinner (VIDEO)
You know you’ve had a wild couple of weeks when the least remarkable thing that’s happened to you involves playing in the NCAA Tournament. Kevin Ware has essentially gone from a Louisville lowerclassmen with little chance of advancing to the next level, to the White House Correspondants Dinner invitee. Whoa.
After breaking his lower leg in half against Duke last month, the Bronx native received a call from First Lady Michelle Obama, as well as Kobe Bryant. Then Letterman contacted him to read the Top 10 list. Then Louisville won an epic NCAA title over the University of Michigan Wolverines. Then ABC interviewed him about his recovery. Then CNN contacted him and invited him to the dinner. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
A major star-studded event, the White Correspondants Dinner is one of the highest profile/security clearance events in the world. Kind of like Michael Jordan’s wedding yesterday. Kevin Ware is a cool guy, and everybody loves/roots for him. So go ahead, Kevin, take a selfie in the backseat of a fancy-shmancy car, looking fresh.
— Kevin Ware (@_billionairebev) April 27, 2013
Other athletes in attendance included Nats 3B Ryan Zimmerman and Giants WR Victor Cruz, seen here with Tracy Morgan, who played Joe Biden in a Steven Spielberg mockumentary video about Obama. (Obama played Daniel Day Lewis playing himself.) Priceless. Check it out below.
Photo via CNN
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'