- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Kevin Ware And Victor Cruz Attend Hilarious White House Correspondents’ Dinner (VIDEO)
You know you’ve had a wild couple of weeks when the least remarkable thing that’s happened to you involves playing in the NCAA Tournament. Kevin Ware has essentially gone from a Louisville lowerclassmen with little chance of advancing to the next level, to the White House Correspondants Dinner invitee. Whoa.
After breaking his lower leg in half against Duke last month, the Bronx native received a call from First Lady Michelle Obama, as well as Kobe Bryant. Then Letterman contacted him to read the Top 10 list. Then Louisville won an epic NCAA title over the University of Michigan Wolverines. Then ABC interviewed him about his recovery. Then CNN contacted him and invited him to the dinner. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
A major star-studded event, the White Correspondants Dinner is one of the highest profile/security clearance events in the world. Kind of like Michael Jordan’s wedding yesterday. Kevin Ware is a cool guy, and everybody loves/roots for him. So go ahead, Kevin, take a selfie in the backseat of a fancy-shmancy car, looking fresh.
— Kevin Ware (@_billionairebev) April 27, 2013
Other athletes in attendance included Nats 3B Ryan Zimmerman and Giants WR Victor Cruz, seen here with Tracy Morgan, who played Joe Biden in a Steven Spielberg mockumentary video about Obama. (Obama played Daniel Day Lewis playing himself.) Priceless. Check it out below.
Photo via CNN
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?
- Trade Bait: The Fate of Chris Johnson
- 2014 NFL Draft: Top 5 Running Back Prospects
- 2014 Fantasy Football: Early Peek at the Top 10 Quarterbacks