- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Skier Lindsey Vonn Was Airlifted To A Hospital After A Nasty Crash And “Complex Knee Injury”
Lindsey Vonn’s run at the alpine skiing world championships in Austria took a disastrous turn when she was injured in a serious crash on the first day of competition, and had to be airlifted to a hospital. Footage of the crash is below:
At the beginning it didn’t look as bad as we initially feared when we heard phrases like “airlifted to hospital,” but clearly this was a serious accident – one that thankfully didn’t result in life-threatening injuries, but rather what the hospital treating her termed a “complex knee injury.” Needless to say, such an injury is bad for any athlete, but especially so for a skier who needs to expertly navigate tight twists and turns at high speeds. And just as needless to say, we hope she’s back on the slopes as quickly as possible.
Video of the crash and Vonn being airlifted below, via AOL.
Getty photo, by Clive Rose
- Filed Under:
- lindsey vonn
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row