- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Skier Lindsey Vonn Was Airlifted To A Hospital After A Nasty Crash And “Complex Knee Injury”
Lindsey Vonn’s run at the alpine skiing world championships in Austria took a disastrous turn when she was injured in a serious crash on the first day of competition, and had to be airlifted to a hospital. Footage of the crash is below:
At the beginning it didn’t look as bad as we initially feared when we heard phrases like “airlifted to hospital,” but clearly this was a serious accident – one that thankfully didn’t result in life-threatening injuries, but rather what the hospital treating her termed a “complex knee injury.” Needless to say, such an injury is bad for any athlete, but especially so for a skier who needs to expertly navigate tight twists and turns at high speeds. And just as needless to say, we hope she’s back on the slopes as quickly as possible.
Video of the crash and Vonn being airlifted below, via AOL.
Getty photo, by Clive Rose
- Filed Under:
- lindsey vonn
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?