- Keith Olbermann Went Nuts Over The Ray Rice Suspension
- James Harden Says Truthful Thing, Everyone Gets Mad
- 6 Most Hated Owners That Were Once Beloved
- Tour de France Riders Gloriously Mooned During Stage 17
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
EDA Rhinos’ Manny Ramirez Was About 10 Feet Short On This Slide Into Second Base
There’s this dude on the EDA Rhinos of the Chinese Professional Baseball League named Manny Ramirez. Apparently he used to play in the (North American) majors and was pretty good. Nowadays, however, he is content to dress up like the Hulk and run about 75-80 feet between bases before giving up completely.
Manny was on first when his teammate slapped a grounder to the first baseman. It had the makings of a 3-6-3 double play, but the throw to second was off the bag. If Manny — who had the look of a guy not interested in breaking up the play — starts his slide a second or two later, he’s probably safe. But you’re not going to make it to the bag with an effort like this:
So instead of the Rhinos having two on with no one out, they were treated to a sight the rest of the baseball world is now familiar with: Manny making a dumb play and killing all momentum.
Manny being Manny!
- Filed Under:
- manny ramirez
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier