- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
EDA Rhinos’ Manny Ramirez Was About 10 Feet Short On This Slide Into Second Base
There’s this dude on the EDA Rhinos of the Chinese Professional Baseball League named Manny Ramirez. Apparently he used to play in the (North American) majors and was pretty good. Nowadays, however, he is content to dress up like the Hulk and run about 75-80 feet between bases before giving up completely.
Manny was on first when his teammate slapped a grounder to the first baseman. It had the makings of a 3-6-3 double play, but the throw to second was off the bag. If Manny — who had the look of a guy not interested in breaking up the play — starts his slide a second or two later, he’s probably safe. But you’re not going to make it to the bag with an effort like this:
So instead of the Rhinos having two on with no one out, they were treated to a sight the rest of the baseball world is now familiar with: Manny making a dumb play and killing all momentum.
Manny being Manny!
- Filed Under:
- manny ramirez
- 2014 NFL Free Agency: Top 10 Quarterbacks
- Jim Harbaugh Wearing Out His Welcome in SF?
- Jaromir Jagr Is Not Happy Right Now
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013