- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
MMA Fighter/Gas Station Clerk Rains Punches On Would-Be Robbers (VIDEO)
Today will forever be marked in history as the day that SportsGrid reported two stories involving professional fighters stopping robberies. The first such story came earlier today when we found out that WWE fan favorite Daniel Bryan broke up a robbery in a Phoenix home and subdued the offenders until the police came around.
As much as I liked that story, this one comes in the form of a video, so it takes the cake. Mayura Dissanayake (say that five times fast) is a semi-professional MMA fighter and former Sri Lanka MMA champion who is now a gas station clerk in Houston when he isn’t in the octagon. When a coworker returned from a trip to the bank, he was jumped right outside of the store. Dissanayake saw the robbery and jumped in action, raining down punches and kicks on multiple attackers like a game of Mortal Kombat.
Here it is:
The fighting is impressive. What’s more impressive is how nonchalant Dissanayake is about the attack.
“Just the reaction, when you see someone get beat up you just go out.”
“The first guy I saw, I just kicked him in the face. Then I punched the other guy.”
“[The get-away car] was waiting but I caught one guy with a hook and he fell down, so they just left him.”
“I just kicked him until he laid down on the floor and stopped moving.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts