- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
MMA Superstar Johnny Hendricks Suffered 2nd Degree Burns While Filming Of A UFC Promo
If you’ve ever been on a film set (ahem, we have for our SportsGrid Original Series “Gurus”) you’d know to steer clear of the bright lights. Literally. They’re really hot. How hot? Hot enough to do this to the back of UFC’s #1 ranked welterweight fighter.
The burns occurred while shooting an ironically dimly lit promo for UFC 167 (where Hendricks is slated to fight Georges St-Pierre for the belt on November 16th). Apparently he was cool with it (pun not intended), as he footed the bill for treatment and only complained about how the burns would impact his training regime. And in case you’re curious what this was all for, here’s the commercial that scorched the fighter’s back.
H/T SB Nation
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- San Francisco 49ers the Most Hated Team in the US?
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap