- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Alright, These Newcastle Beer Non-Commercial Commercials Are Pretty Fantastic
I’m a sucker for a good commercial, especially since 99 percent of all advertisements appeal to the lowest common denominator and are terrible. So let’s give it up for Newcastle Brown Ale, which put out a series of “behind-the-scenes” spots for a commercial they didn’t end up making (or, ever plan to make).
It’s actually a genius concept, one that we discussed during this week’s podcast: With ad time during the “big game” as expensive as it is, and with most companies leaking their spots before they end up airing on Sunday anyway, why not put out a Super Bowl ad that doesn’t necessarily air during the game? If it’s good, people will see it anyway.
Watch the storyboard clip first, then check out the interviews with Anna Kendrick and Keyshawn Johnson, both of whom are hilarious.
Good show, Newcastle. I’m not saying I’m going to buy your beer now, but good show.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story