- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Alright, These Newcastle Beer Non-Commercial Commercials Are Pretty Fantastic
I’m a sucker for a good commercial, especially since 99 percent of all advertisements appeal to the lowest common denominator and are terrible. So let’s give it up for Newcastle Brown Ale, which put out a series of “behind-the-scenes” spots for a commercial they didn’t end up making (or, ever plan to make).
It’s actually a genius concept, one that we discussed during this week’s podcast: With ad time during the “big game” as expensive as it is, and with most companies leaking their spots before they end up airing on Sunday anyway, why not put out a Super Bowl ad that doesn’t necessarily air during the game? If it’s good, people will see it anyway.
Watch the storyboard clip first, then check out the interviews with Anna Kendrick and Keyshawn Johnson, both of whom are hilarious.
Good show, Newcastle. I’m not saying I’m going to buy your beer now, but good show.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts