- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Alright, These Newcastle Beer Non-Commercial Commercials Are Pretty Fantastic
I’m a sucker for a good commercial, especially since 99 percent of all advertisements appeal to the lowest common denominator and are terrible. So let’s give it up for Newcastle Brown Ale, which put out a series of “behind-the-scenes” spots for a commercial they didn’t end up making (or, ever plan to make).
It’s actually a genius concept, one that we discussed during this week’s podcast: With ad time during the “big game” as expensive as it is, and with most companies leaking their spots before they end up airing on Sunday anyway, why not put out a Super Bowl ad that doesn’t necessarily air during the game? If it’s good, people will see it anyway.
Watch the storyboard clip first, then check out the interviews with Anna Kendrick and Keyshawn Johnson, both of whom are hilarious.
Good show, Newcastle. I’m not saying I’m going to buy your beer now, but good show.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success