- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Colin Cowherd Calls Out ESPN Producers For Pushing Baseball On Us
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Is Selling His Miami Oceanfront Condo For $2.6 Million
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Alright, These Newcastle Beer Non-Commercial Commercials Are Pretty Fantastic
I’m a sucker for a good commercial, especially since 99 percent of all advertisements appeal to the lowest common denominator and are terrible. So let’s give it up for Newcastle Brown Ale, which put out a series of “behind-the-scenes” spots for a commercial they didn’t end up making (or, ever plan to make).
It’s actually a genius concept, one that we discussed during this week’s podcast: With ad time during the “big game” as expensive as it is, and with most companies leaking their spots before they end up airing on Sunday anyway, why not put out a Super Bowl ad that doesn’t necessarily air during the game? If it’s good, people will see it anyway.
Watch the storyboard clip first, then check out the interviews with Anna Kendrick and Keyshawn Johnson, both of whom are hilarious.
Good show, Newcastle. I’m not saying I’m going to buy your beer now, but good show.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts