- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Ditka Has No Tolerance For The 'Redskins' Name Controversy
- 4 NFL Players Whose ADP Has Shifted For Better Or Worse
- USA Basketball Might Bring A 13th Player To Spain Just To Cut Him
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Canadian Skier Nik Zoricic Dies In Crash At World Cup Skicross Event
Tragedy struck the sport of skiing, the realm of athletics and the world at large when Canadian racer Nik Zoricic died during a World Cup event in Switzerland today. Nik was 29.
After crashing directly into the course’s safety nets near the finish line, Zoricic died of “severe neurotrauma.”
The crash, which we warn may disturb some viewers, can be seen in the clip below:
The video is particularly eerie when spectators are shown continuing to cheer and other skiers give each other props for a successful run, unaware that a man’s life has just ended. Certainly, the indifference of the universe to the death of one person is on perfect display in this moment.
Of course, no one knew that Zoricic’s crash was fatal until it was too late. Condolences go out to the family of the second 29-year-old Canadian skier to die this year, after Sarah Burke was killed in Utah in January.
[via Bob's Blitz]
- Which NFL Quarterback is the Best Runner?
- San Francisco 49ers Preseason: Taking The Bad With The Good
- What Colin Kaepernick Looks Like as a Soccer Player
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy