- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Canadian Skier Nik Zoricic Dies In Crash At World Cup Skicross Event
Tragedy struck the sport of skiing, the realm of athletics and the world at large when Canadian racer Nik Zoricic died during a World Cup event in Switzerland today. Nik was 29.
After crashing directly into the course’s safety nets near the finish line, Zoricic died of “severe neurotrauma.”
The crash, which we warn may disturb some viewers, can be seen in the clip below:
The video is particularly eerie when spectators are shown continuing to cheer and other skiers give each other props for a successful run, unaware that a man’s life has just ended. Certainly, the indifference of the universe to the death of one person is on perfect display in this moment.
Of course, no one knew that Zoricic’s crash was fatal until it was too late. Condolences go out to the family of the second 29-year-old Canadian skier to die this year, after Sarah Burke was killed in Utah in January.
[via Bob's Blitz]
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager