- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Canadian Skier Nik Zoricic Dies In Crash At World Cup Skicross Event
Tragedy struck the sport of skiing, the realm of athletics and the world at large when Canadian racer Nik Zoricic died during a World Cup event in Switzerland today. Nik was 29.
After crashing directly into the course’s safety nets near the finish line, Zoricic died of “severe neurotrauma.”
The crash, which we warn may disturb some viewers, can be seen in the clip below:
The video is particularly eerie when spectators are shown continuing to cheer and other skiers give each other props for a successful run, unaware that a man’s life has just ended. Certainly, the indifference of the universe to the death of one person is on perfect display in this moment.
Of course, no one knew that Zoricic’s crash was fatal until it was too late. Condolences go out to the family of the second 29-year-old Canadian skier to die this year, after Sarah Burke was killed in Utah in January.
[via Bob's Blitz]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts