- The Definitive Order Of Any Decent Fantasy First Round This Year
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: The Top 5 MLBs
- Peyton Manning Dancing To Bluegrass Is The Whitest Thing In The Universe
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Paragliding Flight Goes Wrong… But Somehow They Survive!
Paragliding is one of the coolest things you can do, and everyone reading right now should go drain their bank account, fly to the Swiss Alps and get it done. That said, here’s a video of an outlier incident while using a prototype that will scare you out of doing this safe, yet dangerous-sounding activity.
Skip to 2:25 for the drama, if you’d like.
If you want the jargon behind what happened, here you go:
The 3rd ever aerobatics tandem test flight with the first U-Turn ‘Twin Force’ prototype gone terribly bad when all ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ upper gallery lines snapped under 6 G load of the Infinite Tumbling maneuver. The canopy itself however remained perfectly undamaged.
At the end of the video U-Turn’s designer Ernst Strobl tells facts and figures how he already reinforced this very first prototype to stand the load of 10G (!) but despite the large safety margin this incident happened. We never figured how this is physically possible that all those lines snapped instantly together with barely any delay whatsoever. The final product is now built twice as strong as the first one and since then there were absolutely no more issues with the strength of the wing.
- Filed Under:
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy