- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Paul George Suffered A Horrifying Leg Injury In a Meaningless USA Basketball Exhibition
WARNING: The content below is extremely graphic and should probably not be viewed by anyone, ever.
During the fourth quarter of tonight’s showcase game between the White and Blue USA Basketball teams, Paul George went up for a block on James Harden and, upon landing, broke his leg in a most horrifying and brutal fashion.
This should be marked NSFL (not suitable for life):
Here are a few lines of text so you don’t have to see the GIF replay if you don’t want to. George’s leg was put in an air cast and he was eventually taken to a Las Vegas hospital. The game was called, as his teammates had obviously and clearly lost all will to play. The scene was eerily reminiscent of the Kevin Ware leg injury from two years ago.
Here’s the GIF:
This injury is a huge blow to USA Basketball, which considered George a lock for the roster and likely the starting rotation; the Indiana Pacers, who have likely lost their best player for the 2014-15 season; the NBA, which lost a bright star; the international game, which will be missing an electrifying two-way player; and for anyone who likes good, competitive basketball. Just devastating.
The 24-year-old is staying positive, though:
Thanks everybody for the love and support.. I'll be ok and be back better than ever!!! Love y'all!! #YoungTrece
— Paul George (@Paul_George24) August 2, 2014
And he’s got support from around the league — here are just a few of the tweets pouring in for him:
Speedy recover for my guy PG! Praying for you and the fam. The comeback is going to be crazy! http://t.co/xHp295QbUE
— James Harden (@JHarden13) August 2, 2014
Man just landed and got a message about @Paul_George24. Made me immediately sick to my stomach!! Praying for u a speedy recovery homie!!!
— LeBron James (@KingJames) August 2, 2014
God bless u my brother @Paul_George24. Im hurt, praying for you. Praying for peace. Praying that God heals you in a supernatural way.
— Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) August 2, 2014
— Roy Hibbert (@Hoya2aPacer) August 2, 2014
We’re not getting this one out of our heads for awhile.
Photos via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts