- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Real Steel Is Real: Fighting Robot League Could Be Just Around The Corner
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Vegas Helps You Pick Week 9 Fantasy DSTs
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Prepping For The Big Game? Here’s How NOT To Make French Onion Dip From Scratch
Super Bowl food is usually pretty straightforward. If it’s not a two ingredient dish, like guacamole, it’s probably coming right out of a bag and directly into your mouth. But for some intrepid football fans, the Super Bowl is a chance to show off the finer side of what is commonly thought of as “finger food.” Take, for instance, French onion dip. If one were to attempt to make the stuff from scratch, the recipe might look a little bit like this:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Notice how little mustard this classic American party dish has in it? Zero. But not everyone agrees with the “mustardless French onion dip” method. Chef Tim Heidecker can’t seem to get enough of the stuff (though we have our reservations about the authenticity of his endorsement of a specific brand of mustard).
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts