- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Full, For Some Reason Slightly NSFW Version Of Richard Sherman’s ‘Beats By Dre’ Commercial
Richard Sherman had a great day on the field and on the Internet yesterday, thanks to his post-game interviews and incendiary tweets. It’s safe to say that Sherman’s profile is the highest it’s ever been, which is good when you’re arguably (or, inarguably, if you leave Darrelle Revis out of this) the best cornerback in the league and you make half a million dollars a year.
It was a perfect PR storm for Sherman, who also had two commercials drop during the game — one for Nike’s Flyknit sneakers and another for Beats by Dre headphones, for which we’ve already seen spots with Kevin Garnett and 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick. The latter shows Sherman being hounded by reporters at his locker, getting asked increasingly dumb questions before “hearing what he wants to hear.”
The full version has some guy saying Sherman thinks he’s “so fucking untouchable,” which is a weird addition to a headphones commercial. And yet, perhaps because Sherman did not hear this man talking about him, he didn’t freak out and say “don’t you ever talk about me.” The ad couldn’t have dropped on a better day, frankly — this calm, reasonable Sherman is like the Dr. Jekyl to his on-field Mr. Hyde.
Don’t talk about him. But buy these headphones:
NOW: Watch the Sixpence None The Richer “Kiss Me” unofficial remix.
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Pistons Fans Start Petition For Rasheed Wallace To Coach
- Jeweler Loses $200K At All-Star Game
- Why Is LeBron Worried About Carmelo Anthony?