- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
See All Five Of The Netherlands’ Stunning Goals In Their Rout Of Defending Champ Spain
Raise your hand if you had the Netherlands beating Spain today (and if you’re Dutch, that doesn’t count). We certainly didn’t. But no one can say they envisioned the Netherlands absolutely destroying Spain, 5-1, with a series of back-breaking, awe-inspiring goals. This rematch of the 2010 title game turned into a laugher midway through the second half.
The Dutch charge was led by co-captains Robin Van Persie and Arjen Robben, two of the world’s best. Van Persie got things going for the Netherlands in the 44th minute (after Spain scored on a controversial penalty) with this beautiful finesse header:
Then after halftime, Arjen Robben got in on the action with this beautiful touch, cut and score in the 53rd minute. This is a classic Robben move:
Then it was defender Stefan de Vrij, who actually headed the ball off his own foot and into the goal while goalie Iker Casillas was completely out of position in the 64th minute:
Then it was Van Persie again in the 72nd minute. This is when we realized Casillas is officially fucking the game up:
Finally, Robben again in the 80th. Just beastly:
Spain was perhaps the best international football team of all time from 2006-2012. It appears that run has ended. The Dutch ran all over them today and now have a leg up on taking the much-needed first place in Group B.
Photo via Getty
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'