- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
So You’ve Taken A Volleyball Spike To the Face? Just Bounce Up Like It Never Happened
And now to Carl Sandburg High School in Illinois, where they have a boys’ volleyball team, apparently. And the home squad does not seem to be faring well in this match, as seen by this Fighting Eagle getting nailed in the face with a spike. I wonder where the ball ended up, and if the kid’s face is imprinted on it like Wilson in Cast Away.
To his credit, dude popped right back up.
Fun fact: One of Carl Sandburg’s early works is entitled Potato Face.
Still can’t beat this, however: my all-time favorite volleyball spike:
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever
- Top 10 Worst Decisions in MMA History
- Brandon Rios: "I Can Bust Flows"