VENGEANCE: The Netherlands Embarrasses The Defending World Cup Champs
– Your tactical setups and rosters for Spain-Netherlands Group Stage match.
– Wesley Sneijder is played onside into the box, blasts one at Iker Casillas who gets a glove on it (8′).
– Arjen Robben’s shoe falls off, seeks double knot from team Mom on sidelines…
SPAIN SCORES (28′)
– Iffy foul on Diego Costa in the box results in Spanish penalty kick, Xabi Alonso converts. Spain lead 1-0 in 28th.
– Brazilian-born Diego Costa tells hostile crowd to shut the hell up after drawing the penalty that lead to Spain’s score. Our guess: They probably won’t shut the hell up.
— i-TELE Foot (@itelefoot) June 13, 2014
– David Silva gets cocky and tries to chip Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen, is denied.
HOLLAND SCORES (45′)
– Robin Van Persie scores off of aerial ball sent from midfield with finesse header over Iker Casillas who was stuck in no man’s land. All tied 1-1.
HOLLAND SCORES AGAIN (53′)
– Arjen Robben redeems himself four years after blowing a chance to win the World Cup in 2010. Holland leads 2-1.
– Diego Costa subtly head-butts Bruno Martins Indi before a corner kick, no one notices except for Martins Indi, who gives Costa the death stare. No blinking, no mercy.
– Diego Costa and Xabi Alonso subbed out for Pedro Rodriguez and Fernando Torres (62′). Spain in full-out attack mode.
HOLLAND SCORES FOR A THRID TIME (65′)
– On a set piece, Stefan de Vrij runs into the post and scores what looks like a goal straight out of the NHL Finals as Van Persie ran into goalkeeper Iker Casillas. Casillas’ protest got him a yellow card.
– Spain goal is disallowed due to offsides.
HOLLAND GOAL (65′)
– Now it’s just embarrassing for Spain, as Casillas’ terrible touch on a back pass leads to Robin Van Persie’s second goal.
– Fernando Torres nearly misses free kick (76′)
SPAIN AND NETHERLANDS SUBSTITUTIONS (77′)
– Jermaine Lens comes on for Robin Van Persie, Cesc Fabregas replaces David Silva.
– Fernando Torres nearly misses free kick as we await the next Dutch goal…
…AAAAND HOLLAND SCORES (80′)
– Arjen Robben scores his second goal of the day in yet another embarrassment for Iker Casillas who again gets caught in no man’s land. The Dutch are playing the best soccer humanly possible. 5-1.
– Robben looking to eat the souls of the Spanish National Team, almost gets his hat trick on a volley from hell.
FINAL: HOLLAND 5 – 1 SPAIN
The defending World Cup champs suffer a crushing second defeat in their last 55 matches. Diego Costa may well be suspended after FIFA reviews his head-butt of Bruno Martins-Indi.