- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Swiss Women’s Team Beats Sweden In Consolation Game For First Ice Hockey Medal Since WWII
A proud day for Switzerland ice hockey, as the women’s squad bested the Swedes 4-3 on a Jessica Lutz put back with 6:17 left to play (Lutz knocked Russia out in the quarterfinals in similar fashion). The last time anyone saw the Swiss medal in “Ice Hockey” as it’s redundantly referred to, was at the 1948 Winter Games in, get this — St. Moritz, Switzerland. Sweden is currently looking to redeem itself against the Canadian curling juggernaut in the Gold medal game, where they’re currently tied at three through eight whatchamacallits (periods? rounds? games? sets?).
Photo via Getty, Instagram via “Handsome bearded man’s Instagram“
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story