- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Swiss Women’s Team Beats Sweden In Consolation Game For First Ice Hockey Medal Since WWII
A proud day for Switzerland ice hockey, as the women’s squad bested the Swedes 4-3 on a Jessica Lutz put back with 6:17 left to play (Lutz knocked Russia out in the quarterfinals in similar fashion). The last time anyone saw the Swiss medal in “Ice Hockey” as it’s redundantly referred to, was at the 1948 Winter Games in, get this — St. Moritz, Switzerland. Sweden is currently looking to redeem itself against the Canadian curling juggernaut in the Gold medal game, where they’re currently tied at three through eight whatchamacallits (periods? rounds? games? sets?).
Photo via Getty, Instagram via “Handsome bearded man’s Instagram“
- Pacers Trade Danny Granger to Sixers for Evan Turner
- LeBron Buys Teammates Championship Belts
- Joes Reyes Can Rap?
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep