- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Sydney Leroux Does Ice Bucket Plunge As The Trend Reaches Its Apex
Kobe Bryant took the Ice Bucket Challenge to another level when he took a plunge rather than standing under a brief shower of cold water. Well, he really took it to another level by nominating USA Soccer’s Sydney Leroux for the challenge, but that’s another story. A story we’d like to share with you:
Look, this trend has been catching some flack recently from people who think it’s nothing more than a “stupid stunt” (and yes, we’re calling out our sister site, Styleite, here). But it’s hard to argue with the results (via the New York Times):
As of Sunday, the [ALS] association said it had received $13.3 million in donations since July 29, compared with $1.7 million during the same period last year.
If we can raise awareness for ALS while we watch our favorite stars — celebrities, athletes, celeb-athletes — pour ice water all over themselves (or dunk themselves in it), doesn’t everybody win? We think so. If you don’t, we recommend getting creative and starting a new trend:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts