- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Taylor University’s Silent Night Game Is Back, And It’s Spectacular (This Year Aquaman-Approved)
I can’t believe I’m a few days late with this: I must be slipping. So Taylor University, a Christian college in Upland, Indiana, has one of the coolest college basketball traditions in the land. In their annual Silent Night Game, students pack the gym beyond normal capacity, and remain completely silent until the home team scores its 10th point.
The event is traditionally held at the home game on the Friday before finals, which this year was Dec. 7. One of the best parts of this are the costumes: almost everyone in attendance is dressed for Halloween in December.
My Top 10 Silent Night Participants This Year:
2. Gumby (dammit)
3. Enormous Pencil
4. Orange-hair Hulk
5. Mr. Spocks
6. Darth Vader in Leotard
7. Robin, Sans Batman
8. Fire Truck Guys
9. ESPN Sign
10. Geek Squad
This was the 10th Annual Silent Night Game, and it seems to be catching on. Here’s a high school version (Cardinal Gibbons in Raleigh, N.C.):
Thanks to Cameron Smith.
- Filed Under:
- Silent Night
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!