- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Esquire Network Has A New Show About Texas Football Dads Yelling At Kids
When you think of “Esquire,” either the hoity toity men’s magazine or an old railroad attorney comes to mind. But nothing about the word says Texas pee-wee football. Television, on the other hand, is all about some child absues (see Moms, Dance). The Esquire Network has greenlighted a 10-episode, hourlong reality series, introducing us to the football factory that is the San Antonio region.
It’s called Friday Night Tykes, and it’s terrifying.
The tagline goes as follows: “Emotional fans, intense parents, and passionate coaches,” followed by one of said coaches shouting, “There’s no reason you shouldn’t be making the other teams cry.” And we wonder why Brett Favre wouldn’t let his kids play football. The series begins January 14th at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success