- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Top 9 Sports-Related Moments From ‘Sharknado 2: The Second One’
The good news is that this is probably the end of the Sharknado franchise. I mean, sure, 1 and 2 are classics, but as we saw in “Godfather III”, it’s best not to push your luck. Sometimes trilogies end badly.
Also, how do you top a Sharknado destroying Citi Field? We’ll never get a sports-related theme like that again, so it’s best to move on to the next project. (“Bassteroid”?).
For those who missed Wednesday’s premier of “Sharknado 2: The Other One”, here are the best sports-related moments of the film.
1. Shark Home Run. This may be the best scene in movie history — and the fact that it’s Richard Kind makes it even better. He’s still mad at Larry for being in town and not calling him, however.
2. RIP Brian. Mets fans loved the line “Don’t mess with a Mets fan on the 7 train!”, but then Brian (Judah Friedlander) was quickly and messily devoured.
3. Sharknado Arrives At CitiField. Notice how everyone is just chillin’, waiting for the soda vendor and talkin’ about sharknados … when all of a sudden, there it is! This lack of a sense of urgency is really unbelievable, until you realize it’s the Mets.
4. Michael Strahan Tackles Shark. He was hired just for this moment. By the way, Kelly — hammerhead sharks are harmless. No need to stomp them.
5. Sharknado Small Talk. Important survival tip: when warning friends of the imminent arrival of a deadly Sharknado, never call them on their cell phones. Always go to the baseball game they’re attending, pay admission and find them in the stands. Then be sure to remark on how much their son has grown before fleeing.
6. Best weapon during a Sharknado? The slightly-larger-than-normal baseball bat. Be sure it’s made of wood and not metal.
7. This one Mets fan in the blue jacket who’s just kind of standing there as others flee the deadly Sharknado.
8. This viewing party at a bowling alley.
Watch, laugh, bowl, drink and eat! Sharknado 2 party next Wednesday! pic.twitter.com/yb7u0da1LL
— TenPinAlley (@TenPinAlley) July 24, 2014
9. Kurt Angle.
— Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) July 30, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Sharknado 2
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce