- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Ultimate Warrior Gave A Haunting Speech About Being Legendary One Day Before He Died
The Ultimate Warrior, born James Hellwig, died yesterday at the age of 54 after being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame just last week. He collapsed outside an Arizona hotel while walking with his wife, though the cause of death is still unknown.
Shockingly and fittingly, Warrior was on WWE Raw Monday night, and gave a haunting speech about what makes a legend — namely, the fans, who he called “legend makers.” Even with the mask and snorting, it’s probably one of the most heartfelt and affecting speeches you’ll ever see:
Here’s the transcript, which I encourage you to frame and put on your wall.
“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them bleed deeper, than something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever.
“You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior.
“In the back I see many potential legends, some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they live with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends as well. I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever.”
The Warrior is survived by his wife and two children. R.I.P.
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce