- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Ultimate Warrior Gave A Haunting Speech About Being Legendary One Day Before He Died
The Ultimate Warrior, born James Hellwig, died yesterday at the age of 54 after being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame just last week. He collapsed outside an Arizona hotel while walking with his wife, though the cause of death is still unknown.
Shockingly and fittingly, Warrior was on WWE Raw Monday night, and gave a haunting speech about what makes a legend — namely, the fans, who he called “legend makers.” Even with the mask and snorting, it’s probably one of the most heartfelt and affecting speeches you’ll ever see:
Here’s the transcript, which I encourage you to frame and put on your wall.
“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them bleed deeper, than something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever.
“You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior.
“In the back I see many potential legends, some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they live with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends as well. I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever.”
The Warrior is survived by his wife and two children. R.I.P.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts