- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
There’s A Kickstarter Project To Make A Legitimate, High Quality Lacrosse Video Game By 2014 — Would You Play It?
Lacrosse has been slowly growing in popularity since it was created 500 years ago, but it’s never become a legitimate professional sport. In fact, it’s only played in a few select pockets around the U.S. and Canada (pocket pun not intended) by an estimated 500,000 people, which means next to nobody knows the rules, stars, or objective of the game. That being said, would it stop you from picking up a Lacrosse video game on, let’s say, Xbox Game Marketplace for $15?
The frenetic pace and potential for bone-crushing hits leads me to believe that it could be fun in an ADHD kind of way (if the gameplay met the standards of today’s picky EA Sports and 2k Studios gamers). What do you think?
Crosse Studios thinks it’s a winner (even though you’ve never heard of their NLL or College Lacrosse game franchises). They’re going all in for a Kickstarter project titled “Lacrosse 14,” which “combines the player movement and passing of basketball with the stick control, shooting, and hitting of hockey to create a high scoring, action-packed lacrosse video game.”
Here’s their pitch:
• High Scoring: Say goodbye to that “I can’t score” feeling of standard sports video games. Lacrosse averages 20+ goals per game. Get ready to sting corners!
• Big Hits: Line up the ball carrier for huge hits by perfectly timing up your attack. Imagine a football linebacker with a titanium shaft. Lay him down!
• Dynamic Stick Protection: Enjoy 360-degree live stick control to protect your stick as you dodge your way past multiple defenders. Dangles for days!
• Combination Stick Checks: Strip the ball away from the offense with various sword-like stick checks. Slice and dice!
• Evasive Dodging: Execute combination dodge moves to work your way past the defense. Lacrosse players are pure athletes. First you break their ankles, and then you break their heart.
• Quick Stick Passing: Perform amazingly accurate and fast passing to exploit your opponents. Tic-tac-toe anyone?
• Face-offs: Control every movement of your players stick in first person face-offs. Clamp, pinch and pop, laser? Its in your hands!
• Groundballs: Decide if you are going to pick up the ball with two hands, one hand, or go for the quick Indian pickup. The team who wins the GB battles, wins the war!
• Transition Offense: The team who knows how to create numbers is the team who knows how to score goals! Find the 2v1s!
• Transition Defense: Its on you to decide when to stop ball, when to scrape, and when to rotate. Transition defense will make or break you!
• Settled Offense: There are times to push transition and there are times to settle the ball down. Do you know the difference? Championship teams do…
• Settled Defense: How far do you want to close out to play the ball? Are you going to pack it in and play zone? Slide from the crease or adjacent? Want to lock off their two best players? If you can’t play defense, you are going to be in a world of hurt…
• Goalie Play: Are you okay facing twelve yard 100mph bombs? Then send your slide early and be ready to react. Looking for low angle shots on GLE? Call for hard top-side angles and force them underneath… You are the General. Command the defense.
(If you’re interested in donating to their cause, the Lacrosse 14 Kickstarter page can be found here.)
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts