- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Is The Only Reason Why There Shouldn’t Be ‘Pace Cars’ In Horse Racing
It was 37 degrees at the time of the accident, which occurred at Freehold Raceway in Freehold, New Jersey. Ridiculous. It takes all of one millisecond of watching the footage — of what appears to be a Lincoln Town Car rigged with a giant metal swinging gate, driving in wet, frozen mud, among eight horses — to realize something terrible will happen.
[NJ.com] “The initial inspection was that the horses are all okay,” said Fagliarone. Three of the four drivers were transported to Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, and one (Jim Pantaleano) was taken to Centra State Medical Center in Freehold.
Freehold officials said they have no idea what caused the car to spin.
In addition to Manzi, a 63-year-old Freehold resident, drivers Jim Pantaleano, Debra Rucker and Vince Ginsburg were taken to the hospital complaining of a variety of injuries, Fagliarone said.
Manzi was “in absolute agony,” Fagliarone said, adding that he appeared to be the most seriously injured of the drivers.
We understand that people like “going to the track,” but give it a rest for the winter months.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story