- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
This Is The Only Reason Why There Shouldn’t Be ‘Pace Cars’ In Horse Racing
It was 37 degrees at the time of the accident, which occurred at Freehold Raceway in Freehold, New Jersey. Ridiculous. It takes all of one millisecond of watching the footage — of what appears to be a Lincoln Town Car rigged with a giant metal swinging gate, driving in wet, frozen mud, among eight horses — to realize something terrible will happen.
[NJ.com] “The initial inspection was that the horses are all okay,” said Fagliarone. Three of the four drivers were transported to Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, and one (Jim Pantaleano) was taken to Centra State Medical Center in Freehold.
Freehold officials said they have no idea what caused the car to spin.
In addition to Manzi, a 63-year-old Freehold resident, drivers Jim Pantaleano, Debra Rucker and Vince Ginsburg were taken to the hospital complaining of a variety of injuries, Fagliarone said.
Manzi was “in absolute agony,” Fagliarone said, adding that he appeared to be the most seriously injured of the drivers.
We understand that people like “going to the track,” but give it a rest for the winter months.
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC