- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Minor League Grounds Crew Fought The Infield Tarp, But The Infield Tarp Won
The Joliet Slammers and Southern Illinois Miners faced off on Friday night for some mid-summer baseball, but thunderstorms brought the game to a halt in the top of the 7th. The Silver Cross Field grounds crew subsequently brought out the tarp to preserve the infield, and everything seemed fine. But then the tarp started coming off the infield and some brave field soldiers tried to put it back in place. Then the wind kicked up even more.
As you can see in the video below, gusts of wind eventually dislodged the entire tarp, and it swallowed up the grounds crew members remaining on the field. Luckily no one was hurt, so this is actually kind of funny, maybe.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story