- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Betting Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Three Volleyball Players Got Hit In The Head With One Spike, And It Was Terrific (Video)
The “Triple Six Pack.” One of sports’ most hallowed accomplishments. Oh, you don’t know what the Triple Six Pack is? Well, according to this volleyball glossary, it’s “when a blocker gets hit in the head or face by a spiked ball.” This one has that, times three. Let the tape explain.
I thought nothing could top this lethal spike from a girls’ high school game, but clearly I was mistaken. This hit didn’t leave anyone in particular temporarily motionless on the gym floor, but it was blessed to get not one very lucky ricochet, but two of them. Clearly, some force of nature was on our side.
You can compare this to a hat trick in hockey or soccer, a turkey in bowling, or a triple play in baseball, but this is an animal all its own.
- Filed Under:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story