- Rent Out Kenny Powers' Swanky L.A. Loft For $8,500 A Month
- Jim Harbaugh On Reports He's A Candidate For U. Of Texas Job: 'Are You Trying To Be Funny?'
- The Official RotoExperts Week 15 Start 'Em Sit 'Em
- Holy Crap! Look At These Before-And-After Photos Of Maradona
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Three Volleyball Players Got Hit In The Head With One Spike, And It Was Terrific (Video)
The “Triple Six Pack.” One of sports’ most hallowed accomplishments. Oh, you don’t know what the Triple Six Pack is? Well, according to this volleyball glossary, it’s “when a blocker gets hit in the head or face by a spiked ball.” This one has that, times three. Let the tape explain.
I thought nothing could top this lethal spike from a girls’ high school game, but clearly I was mistaken. This hit didn’t leave anyone in particular temporarily motionless on the gym floor, but it was blessed to get not one very lucky ricochet, but two of them. Clearly, some force of nature was on our side.
You can compare this to a hat trick in hockey or soccer, a turkey in bowling, or a triple play in baseball, but this is an animal all its own.
- Filed Under:
- Manny Pacquiao's No. 1 In WBC Behind Floyd Mayweather
- Top Waiver Wire Pickups Headed Into Fantasy Playoffs
- Alex Morgan Engaged to Boyfriend Servando Carrasco
- No Ordinary Joe: Why Flacco Is Completely Unique