- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Three Volleyball Players Got Hit In The Head With One Spike, And It Was Terrific (Video)
The “Triple Six Pack.” One of sports’ most hallowed accomplishments. Oh, you don’t know what the Triple Six Pack is? Well, according to this volleyball glossary, it’s “when a blocker gets hit in the head or face by a spiked ball.” This one has that, times three. Let the tape explain.
I thought nothing could top this lethal spike from a girls’ high school game, but clearly I was mistaken. This hit didn’t leave anyone in particular temporarily motionless on the gym floor, but it was blessed to get not one very lucky ricochet, but two of them. Clearly, some force of nature was on our side.
You can compare this to a hat trick in hockey or soccer, a turkey in bowling, or a triple play in baseball, but this is an animal all its own.
- Filed Under:
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Top 10: The Best Title Fights