- WEEK 4 NFL POWER RANKINGS: Yo Guys, Come Check This Out We Have A New #1!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Week 4: Three Locks, Two Value Plays And One Shocker
- MLB Says They Will Speed Up Game, But We Don't Believe Them
- The Most Honest Thing Anyone From The NFL Has Said About The Ray Rice Scandal
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Three Volleyball Players Got Hit In The Head With One Spike, And It Was Terrific (Video)
The “Triple Six Pack.” One of sports’ most hallowed accomplishments. Oh, you don’t know what the Triple Six Pack is? Well, according to this volleyball glossary, it’s “when a blocker gets hit in the head or face by a spiked ball.” This one has that, times three. Let the tape explain.
I thought nothing could top this lethal spike from a girls’ high school game, but clearly I was mistaken. This hit didn’t leave anyone in particular temporarily motionless on the gym floor, but it was blessed to get not one very lucky ricochet, but two of them. Clearly, some force of nature was on our side.
You can compare this to a hat trick in hockey or soccer, a turkey in bowling, or a triple play in baseball, but this is an animal all its own.
- Filed Under:
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?