- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
VIDEO: Tiger Watches As Lindsey Vonn Pulls Up Lame In Val d’Isere Downhill
With boyfriend Tiger Woods in attendance, and just .3 seconds off the lead, Lindsey Vonn missed a gate and begged out of the race. Guess the knee wasn’t ready.
[AP via NBC Sports] She lost her balance and her left ski went up in the air, putting all her weight on her surgically repaired right knee as she skied off course. She didn’t fall but grimaced as she pulled up, clutching her knee in a worrying sign ahead of the Sochi Olympics.
Vonn, who admitted over Twitter she’s been racing without an ACL, blew out her knee earlier this year and has been rushing her recovery in time for Sochi. This is the second time she’s re-aggravated the knee, as a similar incident occurred in a November training run.
“I didn’t hurt myself more than I’m already hurt,” Vonn told the AP. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the joint, but significantly better than “I can no longer move my leg.” Here’s footage of the injury…
H/T NBC Sports
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?