- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
VIDEO: Tiger Watches As Lindsey Vonn Pulls Up Lame In Val d’Isere Downhill
With boyfriend Tiger Woods in attendance, and just .3 seconds off the lead, Lindsey Vonn missed a gate and begged out of the race. Guess the knee wasn’t ready.
[AP via NBC Sports] She lost her balance and her left ski went up in the air, putting all her weight on her surgically repaired right knee as she skied off course. She didn’t fall but grimaced as she pulled up, clutching her knee in a worrying sign ahead of the Sochi Olympics.
Vonn, who admitted over Twitter she’s been racing without an ACL, blew out her knee earlier this year and has been rushing her recovery in time for Sochi. This is the second time she’s re-aggravated the knee, as a similar incident occurred in a November training run.
“I didn’t hurt myself more than I’m already hurt,” Vonn told the AP. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the joint, but significantly better than “I can no longer move my leg.” Here’s footage of the injury…
H/T NBC Sports
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Frenkie Edgar Slams B.J. Penn Seeks New Matches
- Switch Jab to Flying Knee is Technique of the Week