- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
VIDEO: Tiger Watches As Lindsey Vonn Pulls Up Lame In Val d’Isere Downhill
With boyfriend Tiger Woods in attendance, and just .3 seconds off the lead, Lindsey Vonn missed a gate and begged out of the race. Guess the knee wasn’t ready.
[AP via NBC Sports] She lost her balance and her left ski went up in the air, putting all her weight on her surgically repaired right knee as she skied off course. She didn’t fall but grimaced as she pulled up, clutching her knee in a worrying sign ahead of the Sochi Olympics.
Vonn, who admitted over Twitter she’s been racing without an ACL, blew out her knee earlier this year and has been rushing her recovery in time for Sochi. This is the second time she’s re-aggravated the knee, as a similar incident occurred in a November training run.
“I didn’t hurt myself more than I’m already hurt,” Vonn told the AP. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the joint, but significantly better than “I can no longer move my leg.” Here’s footage of the injury…
H/T NBC Sports
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence