- People Still Love Buying The Jersey Of The Browns' Backup Quarterback, For Some Reason
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- While Derek Jeter Gets #RE2PECT, Alex Rodriguez Gets A Whole Lot Of #F13K Yous
- Dutch Cyclist Claims He Switched Off Of Both Doomed Malaysian Airlines Flights
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
BREAKING NEWS: Tokyo Will Host 2020 Hologram Olympics
The biggest obstacle for Japan going into today’s final round of IOC voting, was assuring the world that the country isn’t radioactive.
Via Yahoo!: ”There are no health related problems until now, nor will there be in the future,” he said. ”I make the statement to you in the most emphatic and unequivocal way.”
Apparently the International Olympic Committee listened, because Tokyo is hosting the event for the first time since 1964, beating out Istanbul and Madrid. Expect big things. In fact, expect this to be the most technologically ambitious sporting spectacle, nay, THING, in human history. Why? Because their previous bid for the 2022 World Cup was riding on the proposal to show games in empty stadiums using holograms. Remember that?
Via Tech Hive: “Japan’s 2022 World Cup bid included plans to simultaneously broadcast matches across the world, live, to 400 international stadiums, all in glorious holographic 3D.”
So it’s only natural to expect that, in seven short years, this kind of technology will be possible and, indeed, implemented for some events. Either way, it’ll be exciting.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts