- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Ditka Has No Tolerance For The 'Redskins' Name Controversy
- 4 NFL Players Whose ADP Has Shifted For Better Or Worse
- USA Basketball Might Bring A 13th Player To Spain Just To Cut Him
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
BREAKING NEWS: Tokyo Will Host 2020 Hologram Olympics
The biggest obstacle for Japan going into today’s final round of IOC voting, was assuring the world that the country isn’t radioactive.
Via Yahoo!: ”There are no health related problems until now, nor will there be in the future,” he said. ”I make the statement to you in the most emphatic and unequivocal way.”
Apparently the International Olympic Committee listened, because Tokyo is hosting the event for the first time since 1964, beating out Istanbul and Madrid. Expect big things. In fact, expect this to be the most technologically ambitious sporting spectacle, nay, THING, in human history. Why? Because their previous bid for the 2022 World Cup was riding on the proposal to show games in empty stadiums using holograms. Remember that?
Via Tech Hive: “Japan’s 2022 World Cup bid included plans to simultaneously broadcast matches across the world, live, to 400 international stadiums, all in glorious holographic 3D.”
So it’s only natural to expect that, in seven short years, this kind of technology will be possible and, indeed, implemented for some events. Either way, it’ll be exciting.
- San Francisco 49ers Preseason: Taking The Bad With The Good
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy