- Just Like A Kid Having Fun Out There: Bill Cowher Enjoys Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
BREAKING NEWS: Tokyo Will Host 2020 Hologram Olympics
The biggest obstacle for Japan going into today’s final round of IOC voting, was assuring the world that the country isn’t radioactive.
Via Yahoo!: ”There are no health related problems until now, nor will there be in the future,” he said. ”I make the statement to you in the most emphatic and unequivocal way.”
Apparently the International Olympic Committee listened, because Tokyo is hosting the event for the first time since 1964, beating out Istanbul and Madrid. Expect big things. In fact, expect this to be the most technologically ambitious sporting spectacle, nay, THING, in human history. Why? Because their previous bid for the 2022 World Cup was riding on the proposal to show games in empty stadiums using holograms. Remember that?
Via Tech Hive: “Japan’s 2022 World Cup bid included plans to simultaneously broadcast matches across the world, live, to 400 international stadiums, all in glorious holographic 3D.”
So it’s only natural to expect that, in seven short years, this kind of technology will be possible and, indeed, implemented for some events. Either way, it’ll be exciting.
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Reconstructing Manny Pacquiao | RingTV
- NBA's Best Friends Reunited in Philly
- Manny Pacquiao Eyes Revenge Return Bouts With Marquez, Bradley