- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
UFC 162: G.O.A.T. Anderson Silva Gets Knocked Out While Taunting Chris Weidman, Becomes Goat (VIDEO)
Overconfidence can/should be considered a Class-A weakness. In everything. Especially combat — really of any kind — because when it backfires you not only look silly and wrong and stupid, but you get your face-hole smash-murdered. Then people point and stare and laugh and call you names like “jerkface” and ask you to go back to the “jerk store”, all while you lay flat on your back with a swollen face/neck/ego.
Last night, it happened to Anderson Silva (the greatest fighter on Earth) when he dropped his hands and tried to embarrass the angry grown man he was locked in a cage with. Ya, in retrospect — probably would take that one back.
Not only did he lose a ton of respect, but he’s no longer on top of the sport — a position he’s held since 2006. The only worse way to lose your belt is to leave it at the security checkpoint, along with your shoes and cellphone. Sucks. Could have totally been prevented had he just been a little bit more careful. And by careful, I of course mean less assholey. What do you gain from embarrassing your opponent with such nonchalant bravado, other than of course everlasting life and the ability to fly?
Photo via Getty
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story