- The Definitive Order Of Any Decent Fantasy First Round This Year
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: The Top 5 MLBs
- Peyton Manning Dancing To Bluegrass Is The Whitest Thing In The Universe
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Video: Oscar de la Hoya Admits Addiction To Drugs, Alcohol, Says He Considered Suicide
Former boxing champion Oscar de la Hoya opened up about his struggles with drugs, alcohol, and infidelity in an interview with the Univision TV network published Wednesday.
Saying he hit “rock bottom” recently, de la Hoya admitted addictions to cocaine and alcohol in the past two years, issues that led him to seek rehab — and consider suicide. He also revealed a period of separation with his wife, one he says was due to infidelity fueled by his drug problems.
The problems come in a period of career transition for de la Hoya, who was pummeled in his final bout with Manny Pacquiao. The former Olympic and six-time world champion says he’s been sober for three months, and that while unfaithful to his wife, it was not a “Tiger Woods type thing.”
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Filed Under:
- oscar de la hoya
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?