- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Video: Oscar de la Hoya Admits Addiction To Drugs, Alcohol, Says He Considered Suicide
Former boxing champion Oscar de la Hoya opened up about his struggles with drugs, alcohol, and infidelity in an interview with the Univision TV network published Wednesday.
Saying he hit “rock bottom” recently, de la Hoya admitted addictions to cocaine and alcohol in the past two years, issues that led him to seek rehab — and consider suicide. He also revealed a period of separation with his wife, one he says was due to infidelity fueled by his drug problems.
The problems come in a period of career transition for de la Hoya, who was pummeled in his final bout with Manny Pacquiao. The former Olympic and six-time world champion says he’s been sober for three months, and that while unfaithful to his wife, it was not a “Tiger Woods type thing.”
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Filed Under:
- oscar de la hoya
- Extreme Cliff Diving For The Insane
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ