- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Video: Oscar de la Hoya Admits Addiction To Drugs, Alcohol, Says He Considered Suicide
Former boxing champion Oscar de la Hoya opened up about his struggles with drugs, alcohol, and infidelity in an interview with the Univision TV network published Wednesday.
Saying he hit “rock bottom” recently, de la Hoya admitted addictions to cocaine and alcohol in the past two years, issues that led him to seek rehab — and consider suicide. He also revealed a period of separation with his wife, one he says was due to infidelity fueled by his drug problems.
The problems come in a period of career transition for de la Hoya, who was pummeled in his final bout with Manny Pacquiao. The former Olympic and six-time world champion says he’s been sober for three months, and that while unfaithful to his wife, it was not a “Tiger Woods type thing.”
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Filed Under:
- oscar de la hoya
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts