- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
We’re Not Sure What To Make Of This Dog Wingsuit BASE Jump Video
Granted, the dog itself isn’t BASE jumping in a wingsuit (so it probably doesn’t really understand what’s happening), and bringing your dog with your for a car ride probably isn’t much different relative to a dogs perspective on physics (“Am I moving?”), but something about putting a small animal in your backpack and jumping off a cliff seems wrong.
It also seems like the dog is happy upon returning to Earth, so it’s hard to actually get mad at anyone for forcing an animal into free-fall. Still, there’s something terrifying when the jumper — world-renowned free climber and BASE jumper Dean Potter — sends the little guy down a zip-line to a narrow rock face high above the clouds.
It’s also worth mentioning that Potter was involved in a recent wingsuit BASE jump incident whereby his friend Sean Leary clipped a rocky outcropping and died. Not to make this a post about the ethics of human-animal interaction, but there is a point where we say “Hey, don’t bring a dog along with you when you’re unnecessarily putting yourself in harm’s way.”
The stunt appears to be sponsored by Adidas. Let us know your thoughts on Potter’s decision to fly with his dog, below.
Screencap via Dean Potter’s Vimeo
- Marko Jaric and His Super Hot Supermodel Wife Split
- Terry Bradshaw Makes Fun of Peyton Manning's Career
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?