- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
We’ve Got A New Goal Of The Tournament: Tim Cahill’s Volley Banger
Robin Van Persie’s header against Spain last week was the early “goal of the tournament.” He’s been replaced by Tim Cahill, who scored a gorgeous volley against Van Persie’s side mere seconds after Arjen Robben opened scoring.
They say you’re most vulnerable to giving up a goal right after you’ve scored. Looks like the Dutch got caught with their pants down, because Australia kicked off, knocked the ball around a few times and then launched a cross to Cahill, who sent rocket off the crossbar and in:
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) June 18, 2014
How about in GIF form?
Tim Cahill: Beast. Watch the rest of the Group B match here.
UPDATE: Near the end of the second half, Cahill was booked for a rough challenge and given a yellow card, his second of the tournament, which means he’ll miss the next game. Because Australia is unlikely to advance, this will probably be Cahill’s last World Cup appearance ever. Although he’ll always have this goal, what a bummer for his WC career to end here.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row