- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Is What Happens In A World Where Miley Cyrus Almost Wins Time’s ‘Person Of The Year’
Pope Francis ended up on the cover of Time Magazine’s “Person Of The Year” edition, which is all well and good. Here’s the list of the other nominees:
President Obama, NSA leaker Edward Snowden, Syria President Bashar Assad, Iran President Hassan Rouhani, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, gay rights activist Edith Windsor and Miley Cyrus.
Which one of those names doesn’t quite belong? Presidents, game-changers, activists, entrepreneurs, and the girl that rubbed her ass on another person’s genitals in public. Surely that choice had nothing to do with grabbing some extra page views (just like this post isn’t doing the same).
But before we write off Miley Cyrus as completely inconsequential, consider her true impact. Is anyone still talking about those annoying NSA leaks anymore? How about the use of chemical weapons in Syria? Meanwhile, here’s a West Virginia basketball fan twerking in her seat, and her fellow fans throwing money at her (via Busted Coverage):
She was almost thrown out, but reportedly the crowd chanted “Let her stay!” long enough for security to relent.
Did anyone care that WVU lost to Gonzaga? Nope. It’s all about the chick in nosebleeds, shaking her ass for money. While you may not consider West Virginia to be the golden standard of culture and class, it’s probably the most American state in America. Where else can you legally have sex with any animal under 40 pounds? [Update: You can also do this in Washington State. h/t reader Floyd.]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story