- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Your College Baseball Cheap Shot Of The Day
Been a cheap-shot-heavy few days. We’ve had them in basketball. We’ve had them in hockey. And now, we have one in a slightly less likely sport: baseball. “What, like an excessively rough slide at second base to break up a double play?” you ask. “That’s not so uncommon.” Well… not quite like that, no. This time, the baserunner was on the business end of things. And it was some ruthless (not to mention pointless) business. Yeah, it’s a couple days old now, but we couldn’t not share this ourselves:
Ruthless because, well, he just went up and took the guy out when he wasn’t even close to the plate. Pointless because he didn’t even have the ball. What’s more, he didn’t even look for the ball. Of course, even if he did have the ball, we have a feeling his method of “tagging” the runner might have been somewhat frowned upon? It’s just a hunch we have. Maybe there was previous acrimony that led to this moment, but even if so: not cool, pitcher (whose name is Levi Austin, apparently). At least the teams avoided an all-out brwl.
- Filed Under:
- College Baseball
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story