- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Weightlifter, 80, Busted For Steroids
The same agency that finally busted Lance Armstrong is proud to announce that Don Ramos has been brought to justice. Don Ramos of Colorado Springs tested positive for steroids while attempting to set the world record at the Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships in June.
Oh, he’s 80 years old.
Meanwhile, I hurt myself lifting the cat.
According to this report, Ramos is only 72 … so there’s some question there. Either way, that’s still old for a weightlifter, no?
USADA was contracted to test at the event for athletes 35 and older. The suspension means Ramos can’t compete again until July 2015.
Organizers of masters events have been cracking down on doping. Two years ago, USADA suspended nine masters athletes for positive tests, including one in his 50s and three in their 60s.
It’s important to crack down on 80-year-old steroid users because we don’t know what those drugs can do to your body in later life.
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Caroline Wozniacki Thought Rory McIlroy Breakup Call Was Joke
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion