- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Weightlifter, 80, Busted For Steroids
The same agency that finally busted Lance Armstrong is proud to announce that Don Ramos has been brought to justice. Don Ramos of Colorado Springs tested positive for steroids while attempting to set the world record at the Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships in June.
Oh, he’s 80 years old.
Meanwhile, I hurt myself lifting the cat.
According to this report, Ramos is only 72 … so there’s some question there. Either way, that’s still old for a weightlifter, no?
USADA was contracted to test at the event for athletes 35 and older. The suspension means Ramos can’t compete again until July 2015.
Organizers of masters events have been cracking down on doping. Two years ago, USADA suspended nine masters athletes for positive tests, including one in his 50s and three in their 60s.
It’s important to crack down on 80-year-old steroid users because we don’t know what those drugs can do to your body in later life.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'