- Lionel Messi Meets Fan With GIGANTIC MESSI TATTOO ON HIS BACK
- Best Plays Of The Las Vegas Summer League Title Game
- Germany Celebrated World Cup Win By Whackin' It In Front Of Their Computers ... A Lot
- Chris Bosh Is Reportedly Selling His Ridiculous California Palace
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Japanese Commission Pushing For Hide-And-Seek To Be Added To 2020 Summer Olympics
We knew this would happen if they gave the Olympics to Japan.
Their mascots must be kept moist to survive. Everywhere you look, Hello Kitty. And of course the entire country is radioactive. So it’s no surprise that a Japanese professor is spearheading an effort to add Hide-And-Seek to the 2020 Olympics.
“I would like hide-and-seek to be one of the exhibition sports in 2020 and then it could become an official event at subsequent Olympics,” Hazaki, a professor of media studies at Josai International University, told The Daily Telegraph.
Prof. [Yasuo] Hazaki set up the Japan Hide-and-Seek Promotion Committee in 2010 and the organization has around 1,000 members across the country. Many are university students, but the sport can be enjoyed by anyone, he emphasizes.
Hazaki is a graduate of the Nippon Sports Science University.
— Jordan Beall (@JordanBeall) September 8, 2013
How would Olympic Hide-And-Seek be played? Since the Japan Hide-and-Seek Promotion Committee has been around for three years, they’ve worked that out.
Teams of seven players each.
Matches are 10 minutes in duration.
One team is given two minutes to hide on a “pitch” that measures 65ft x 65ft . The opposing team then has to locate and touch the hiding players.
Any player may declare a new rule at any point in the game. The player may do this audibly or silently depending on what zone the player is in.
Wait, sorry … that last one is a rule from Calvinball.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts