- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Your Latest Crazy Minor League Promotion: Human-Organ-Themed Jerseys
Say you’re a minor league baseball team holding an Organ Donor Night. It’s well-established that minor league baseball teams have no shame when it comes to promotional ideas*, so you can do pretty much whatever you want. It so happens the St. Louis Cardinals’ triple-A affiliate, the Memphis Redbirds, will hold just such an organ donor awareness promotion next month, and their ploy to get people to notice it…well, it worked.
You can see it above. The Redbirds will wear those jerseys. The players are going to wear jerseys with human organ likenesses on them, and go out and play a baseball game. There are intestines. There are intestines on a baseball jersey, that is going to be worn for a game in front of thousands of fans. Well…I guess the goal was to get me to think about organ donation. And honestly, it’s probably going to be a while before I’m able to think about anything but.
*Update on that one: the Thunder were able to sell Jeter’s horrible jersey – apparently for a tidy sum, since $2,500 of the sale will go to Jeter’s foundation. So, there’s that.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story