- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Your Latest Crazy Minor League Promotion: Human-Organ-Themed Jerseys
Say you’re a minor league baseball team holding an Organ Donor Night. It’s well-established that minor league baseball teams have no shame when it comes to promotional ideas*, so you can do pretty much whatever you want. It so happens the St. Louis Cardinals’ triple-A affiliate, the Memphis Redbirds, will hold just such an organ donor awareness promotion next month, and their ploy to get people to notice it…well, it worked.
You can see it above. The Redbirds will wear those jerseys. The players are going to wear jerseys with human organ likenesses on them, and go out and play a baseball game. There are intestines. There are intestines on a baseball jersey, that is going to be worn for a game in front of thousands of fans. Well…I guess the goal was to get me to think about organ donation. And honestly, it’s probably going to be a while before I’m able to think about anything but.
*Update on that one: the Thunder were able to sell Jeter’s horrible jersey – apparently for a tidy sum, since $2,500 of the sale will go to Jeter’s foundation. So, there’s that.
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?