- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Michael Phelps Got Fat After The Beijing Olympics
Michael Phelps looks like the pinnacle of the male athlete. The 6-foot-4, 185 pound walking-fish-person won eight gold medals in the 2008 Olympic Games in Bejing, a feat regarded as one of the greatest athletic achievements ever. But what’s a guy to do after he wins eight Olympics gold medals? Can’t really go “up” from there, right?
According to the New York Post, that was exactly the dilemma Phelps faced.
“It was weird going from the highest of the high, the biggest point of your life — winning eight gold medals — and then saying, ‘All right, where do I go from here?’”
I mean really, what else was there for Phelps to do? He sort of mastered his craft, and had no where else to go but down, right?
“I wasn’t motivated. I did nothing, literally nothing, for a long time. I gained 25 pounds.
“A friend of mine and I were playing football on the beach in Miami and somebody got a picture of us … (My friend said) ‘Bro, you gotta start working out, man. You are fat.’”
Phelps did in fact, work out, and is now poised to try to win seven gold medals at this year’s Olympics in London. Guess it really just takes the cruel words of your bro friend to kick you back into gear when you’re in a lull. Must have been all those Subway sandwiches Phelps has been eating for free. We knew it was a hoax!
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?
- Trade Bait: The Fate of Chris Johnson
- Where To Go: Johnny Football or Not?