- Your NFL TV Viewing Maps For Today, Including The Game That No One Wanted
- How Does Rex Ryan Still Have A Job?
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 7 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Al Jefferson In 2K15: Worst Voiceover Ever?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Michael Phelps Got Fat After The Beijing Olympics
Michael Phelps looks like the pinnacle of the male athlete. The 6-foot-4, 185 pound walking-fish-person won eight gold medals in the 2008 Olympic Games in Bejing, a feat regarded as one of the greatest athletic achievements ever. But what’s a guy to do after he wins eight Olympics gold medals? Can’t really go “up” from there, right?
According to the New York Post, that was exactly the dilemma Phelps faced.
“It was weird going from the highest of the high, the biggest point of your life — winning eight gold medals — and then saying, ‘All right, where do I go from here?’”
I mean really, what else was there for Phelps to do? He sort of mastered his craft, and had no where else to go but down, right?
“I wasn’t motivated. I did nothing, literally nothing, for a long time. I gained 25 pounds.
“A friend of mine and I were playing football on the beach in Miami and somebody got a picture of us … (My friend said) ‘Bro, you gotta start working out, man. You are fat.’”
Phelps did in fact, work out, and is now poised to try to win seven gold medals at this year’s Olympics in London. Guess it really just takes the cruel words of your bro friend to kick you back into gear when you’re in a lull. Must have been all those Subway sandwiches Phelps has been eating for free. We knew it was a hoax!
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts