- Tour Paul Millsap's Beautiful New Atlanta Home And Pretend It's Yours
- Muhammed Ali's Beautiful Statement On The Life And Death Of Nelson Mandela
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Yes, It Looks Like This Stadium In Brazil Is Totally Ready For FIFA's Dec. 31 Deadline
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
You Don’t Have To Go To Spain To Run With Bulls Anymore, Because We Stole It
Now we can add the Running of the Bulls to that list, because for some reason, it now exists in the U.S.. Well, a “safer” Running of the Bulls, called “The Great Bull Run.”
Organizers of a new event planned for several U.S. cities plan to unleash bulls to sprint through fenced-in courses as daredevils try to avoid being trampled. About 5,000 people have signed up to participate in the Virginia event, and the number grows by about 50 each day, said Rob Dickens, co-founder and chief operating officer of The Great Bull Run. Organizers acknowledge that the Great Bull Run is likely to start out on a smaller scale than its Spanish counterpart.
Organizers of the U.S. events plan to include several safety features, making them ‘quite different than the running of the bulls in Spain,‘ Dickens said. Unlike the narrow, cobblestone streets of the Spanish runs, the U.S. events will use fencing that will include coves, or notches, so participants can get out of the way quickly.
‘We’re not using the Spanish fighting bulls that are bred to be very aggressive for the entertaining aspect of bullfighting,’ Dickens said.
If you’re into this sort of thing (we’re looking at you, Rex Ryan), here are the dates you should know.
This sounds a lot less cool than going to Spain and doing the real deal, but we suppose it’s nice that crazy people can be crazy in their own country. This is human rights progress, and we applaud America.
- Filed Under:
- running of the bulls
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- Who's To Blame For The 49ers Passing Game?
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever