- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Mass Flopping Routine
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- Devin Hester Can't Believe The Bears Didn't Re-sign Him, Because Seven Years Ago
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Ryan Lochte Suffers Torn MCL, Sprained ACL In Very Ryan Lochte-Like Fashion
It’s been a fantastic year for knee doctors. The NFL is experiencing a rash of torn ACLs this season, and now Ryan Lochte has suffered a similar fate. But he obviously wasn’t running routes when it happened, nor was he in the pool — he was being run over by an overly excited female fan.
From USA Today:
The five-time gold medalist encountered an excited fan, who ran at him. Lochte caught the teenage girl, but the two toppled over in the process, his representative confirmed.
Lochte hit his knee on the curb, while the girl was unharmed.
“As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition,” said a statement released by his publicist. “His medical team expects him to make a full and speedy recovery and Ryan thanks everyone for their well wishes.”
The only way this Ryan Lochte injury could have been more Ryan Lochte is if he hurt his knee while thinking too hard.
As FTW points out, Lochte has an extensive history of weird injuries, including hurting himself while reaching for a cell phone, falling out of a tree and break dancing. America’s best, y’all.
- Filed Under:
- Ryan Lochte
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager