- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Ryan Lochte Suffers Torn MCL, Sprained ACL In Very Ryan Lochte-Like Fashion
It’s been a fantastic year for knee doctors. The NFL is experiencing a rash of torn ACLs this season, and now Ryan Lochte has suffered a similar fate. But he obviously wasn’t running routes when it happened, nor was he in the pool — he was being run over by an overly excited female fan.
From USA Today:
The five-time gold medalist encountered an excited fan, who ran at him. Lochte caught the teenage girl, but the two toppled over in the process, his representative confirmed.
Lochte hit his knee on the curb, while the girl was unharmed.
“As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition,” said a statement released by his publicist. “His medical team expects him to make a full and speedy recovery and Ryan thanks everyone for their well wishes.”
The only way this Ryan Lochte injury could have been more Ryan Lochte is if he hurt his knee while thinking too hard.
As FTW points out, Lochte has an extensive history of weird injuries, including hurting himself while reaching for a cell phone, falling out of a tree and break dancing. America’s best, y’all.
- Filed Under:
- Ryan Lochte
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'